Monday, May 15, 2017

New Update!

So, as I’m finishing up some edits, I thought I’d give a little update on what’s going on with “Crusade” and everything else.

THC Volume 3: Crusade
15 (of the 24) chapters have made it through the first round of editing. Crusade is a bit longer than Awakening and Revelation. Though those two books had a lot of fat trimmed by my awesome editors, the words so far is…there isn’t too much fat. So, while books 1 & 2 were 105k words after editing, book 3 (Crusade) is 138k pre-editing, and so far, it has probably only lost a couple hundred. So, it’s proving to be a longer book.

Now, I’m not writing for length. If the story would have only been 70k words, then that’s what it would have been. For those of you that do not know, The Hunt Chronicles is a 5 book series. Each Volume will explore the changes in Christian, Fish, their friends, Scabs, and the world until we reach where the Prologue of Awakening starts off. The outline for the series has been done since I began writing. Other than minor changes in story and characters, the series has always been on the same course.

I don’t want to give an exact date for release, but it should be soon. After the first round of edits happen, it heads to the second. After that, I ship it off for formatting and for Audio Book production.


Crusade: Audio Book
Joshua Story, my very awesome Voice Actor, has told me he should be finishing up a project by the end of the month and will be able to jump on Crusade as soon as he can. At that point, it is out of my hands so you can hound the hell out of him until he finishes. Though, let’s not rush him.

The Hunt Chronicles…Movie? TV Series?
Well, I’ve been sitting on this for a little while, but I have mentioned it here and there. I have signed an Option for THC to be made into a movie and/or TV series. This option contains the whole series (not just one book).

What does this mean?

Well, nothing yet. I can’t talk about much, but I can tell you the screen play is currently being written. I’ve talked with the writer a few times and he is excited and wants to stay as close to the story as possible. Other than that, I cannot mention names or anything else. We have to be patient, I guess. However, I’ve talked with enough other authors to realize this does happen more often than you might think. The unfortunate side of this is that until money is deposited in the Studio’s bank account, nothing happens. This is where a lot of these projects fall short.

I’ve been flying a little blind, depending on numerous authors to help guide me through this process. Since I do not have an agent (an issue I am now currently reviewing), this is all new to me.
So, let’s keep our fingers crossed!


THC Companion Stories
I’ve said it before. Sometimes, I get writers block or need a change of pace. I’ve been working on a series called “A THC Companion Story”. What are Companion Stories?

Companion Stories are excerpts from The Hunt Chronicles. They themselves have very little to do with the actual main Series, but, there are plenty of Easter Eggs and at least have an appearance in the main story line. Each will be stand-alone stories even though they are indirectly a part of THC. As far as length? Well, they will be as long as they need to be to tell their story. Here are a few that are currently in production.

Get Your Fun On – This is the story of Marc. Who is Marc? Well, Marc makes an appearance in Revelation, though you never learn his name. I won’t spoil where or how, but it has to do with Enrique, Christian, and Enrique’s wife.

Sarah – If you remember, Sarah was the first living person Christian meets in Awakening.

Stephanie – Who is Stephanie? Well, she is on the cover of Awakening

Bogdon – ZERO spoilers on this one, since it happens AFTER Crusade.

Portland Todd – This project is different, because I am co-authoring it with popular zompoc author T.W. Brown. Todd helped me a lot when I first got started and I couldn’t be more grateful. So, I threw Todd in Revelation as the first person they talked to on the HAM radio. I had already scripted out Todd’s story, but since it would have just been tons of fat for Revelation, I didn’t bring it up. However, the story is one of my favorite.

Prequels
Prequels are similar to the Companion Stories, but these deal primarily with main characters. Like the Companion Stories, their length will be determined by what needs to be said. Also like the Companion Stories, I work on these while I am reloading my brain.

There is one major difference, though. These stories were detailed while I was writing the books. I wanted to have a firm background for each character and what they had gone through since the Awakening. Here are a couple that are currently outlined and partially in production.

A Fish Tale – Fish’s story from the Awakening until he meets with Christian. His wife, son, and the troubles he endures.

Name TBD – This is bound to be a long novel, but it will encompass Doctor Tripp, Major Dobson, Sergeant Pittman and their journey from the States, England, Asia and the Middle East, all the way to landing on the beaches of Melbourne. This will be the only book I write that will start off a few weeks before The Awakening happens.

The Stallions – This is how the Stallions of Ace Hardware came together. DJ, Chuck, Karina, Campbell, Preacher, Chad and more.

Nomad - This is about a group that you meet in Crusade. The story will be about three groups of refugees that come together (Spoilers aren’t happening, sorry). Nomad is one of my favorite characters in Crusade.

Trinity – No details or spoilers on this one, but after you read Crusade, I’m sure you will want this one right off.


Those are just the Prequels and Companion Stories I have outlines for. Many have already been started to a more or lesser degree.

Other books/genres:
Besides all of those things I have been working on, there is another series I have started, though I refuse to release any of them until THC Volume 5 has been released. After all, I know people want to know how he got in the damn building!

But, I have been working on REM. REM is a supernatural suspense/thriller about a Sheriff’s detective turned government secret investigator. His name is Remington and he hates his job almost as much as he hates his X-Wife. But, when you learn what he has, you have two choices: Ignore it and hope it goes away, or do something about it.

Anyway, that is what’s in the pipe and hopefully things will change soon so I can devote tons more time to writing.

Thanks for being fans!

J.D. Demers

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a boat load of writing. This series grabbed me right off. I want to know how ha gets stuck in that Dame and how is he going to get out. Being patient. I would be so geek ed if they make this on film but hopefully they don't destroy it like they did with WWZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a boat load of writing. This series grabbed me right off. I want to know how ha gets stuck in that Dame and how is he going to get out. Being patient. I would be so geek ed if they make this on film but hopefully they don't destroy it like they did with WWZ.

    ReplyDelete